Friday, November 12, 2010

Enough already!

One of the hardest parts about being a single mom is just not feeling like I am "enough" to do this job. And truly knowing that I'm not. I'm realizing know more than ever the importance of the roles each parent plays in a child's life. I find myself feeling guilty a lot during my day. I feel guilty when I lay my baby boy down for bed and prep him that mommy will be going to work the next day and will wake up to a babysitter. I find myself caught up  thinking about him at work, wondering what he is doing, if he is having fun and what little moments I am missing out on. On the days when I am lucky enough to stay home with him, I find myself questioning each move I make.

Do I discipline enough?
Do I show enough love?
Am I a good enough example?
Do I have enough faith in myself and in Heavenly Father that I can do this?

I know that my intentions are pure and that I am truly doing the best I can, each day trying to do better..but is it ENOUGH?
Sometimes I wonder why this (my idea of a perfect little family) is being taken away from me. Why, when I am trying to do my best to obtain something that I have always been taught to strive for, is it not working out the way I want?
I was lucky enough to be able to go to Time out for Women this last weekend with some of my favorite women..:) I came to this conclusion. Life just really sucks sometimes! Ok..there's more to it than that...

I realized that I can be happy. I realized that I have worked hard my whole life to be able to be worthy for a temple marriage. All though that isn't working out for me, the things I have learned along the way have only made me stronger and most of all, my relationship with God stronger. I can feel peace. I can feel happiness and I can feel his love and helping hand every day especially when I don't feel like I am enough.


and then I found this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDvxPjsm8E

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it.... but you are amazing and tough! Hopefully things will just get better and better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Brie - if you haven't read the peacegiver by James L Ferrell, I highly recommend it. I hope my unsolicited advice finds you well...

    ReplyDelete